Sunday, April 29, 2012
27
You know that age when you are younger and you think, by age _ I will have it all figured out. I will be in a successful relationship, have a career I am successful at, and know where you are going in life? Well for me that age has always been 27. Mind you, growing up I was very into music and was a bit obsessed with musicians that had taken or lost their lives at 27. Obviously, it is way too young to die, but now that I am that age it doesn't surprise me that there seems to be a trend of people who take their life at 27. I am in no way saying I want to die. I have way too many things I still want to accomplish in my life. But the point is, I thought they would be done by now.
I have recently started hanging out with a new group of friends that I met through my friend/client Matt. There really isn't a person in the group of friends that I don't care for. Some that I connect with more than others, but no one I can't stand. That says something to me. They are all such good people, are going places and accepting of everyone. I love this about them. The only thing that bothers me when I am around them is that I am older than all of them. I know it doesn't bother any of them, but in the back of my mind I can't help but wonder if it is weird that I hang out with people so much younger than me. Especially when we are out drinking and I get carded like the rest of them. I guess I should be thankful that they think I am young enough to need to be carded and that most people are shocked when they find out I am 27. Granted, I think this is mainly because I am not married and don't have any children. Because let's be honest, most women my age in the mid-west are married with children.
I can only hope that I will learn to let go of feeling inadequate and understand that each of them were put in my life at this point for a reason. I am pretty sure the reason is for me to start believing in myself and to know that I am going places in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment