Monday, March 21, 2011

Your words become your actions

"Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny."
-Gandhi

I'm not really sure how to begin this blog other than this quote has been on my mind a lot lately. It is incredible to me how we can let others control our destiny. When I was growing up, I heard someone say that I was fat or ugly almost every single day of my life. I began to believe and think I was fat and ugly, then I began to say I was fat and ugly, slowly (in my mind) I became fat and ugly. How unfortunate is it that I had to grow up believing this? Not only did I believe that but I lived my life accordingly.

For so long I have let what others think about me hold me back from my dreams and happiness.

This last week, I decided I was no longer going to believe what others have said about me. Instead, repeat to myself "I am beautiful, I am talented, I am successful, I am lovable, and I am healthy."

Not everyday is going to be perfect and I am not always going to feel this way about myself but I can only hope that those around me will see the change. Your words really do become your actions!

No comments:

Post a Comment