Friday, April 1, 2011

Being the Bigger Person

This last week has been a very trying week for me. I did something that I don't really regret but at the same time didn't think it would cause as much of a stir as what it did.

So here it goes, a week ago Thursday I erased one of the girls I work with boyfriend's interview off of the salon calender. To most of you this sounds stupid and petty and it was. But what you should know is this girl has been stupid, rude and petty to me since the day I started at the salon. So I did this with full intention of making her feel how I feel on a regular basis. I knew if would ruffle her feathers but I didn't think the whole salon would get involved. On Friday(my day off) the girl decided to blame one of my coworkers for doing it and made her cry then wrote on the calendar
"Don't be jealous because you suck". Another coworker texted me to ask me if I erased it and I neither confirmed nor denied. I just said maybe she will learn her lesson.

So by the time I got to work on Saturday everyone was against me, talking about me and made me feel very uncomfortable. In fact, I was told that said girl and her friend were going to beat me up after work. I texted my manager after work to give her a heads up as to what had been going on because she was on vacation and she said she would take care of it. I was ready to quit and just be done with the place at this point.

Then Monday, I get a 7 page text from my manager filled with lies that my coworkers had told her about me as to why no one likes me and that it is my fault. My body was literally shaking uncontrollably. I was so freaking mad! I emailed her and my boss telling them what has really been going on. I was basically told by my manager to "Be the bigger person" and not get involved.

I feel like in my situation this is easier said than done. I am not just going to roll over and let people treat me like shit! I am also not going to tattle-tale on them every time they are rude to me. (Which is everyday) How do you be the bigger person when someone goes out of their way to make me feel uncomfortable every time I am around???

I moved to this salon because of my opportunities to educate for Pureology and now that I am educating for them I feel like I should be a great asset to the salon, but if they don't see me that way, am I really???

I love what I do and I would love to be in an environment where I can do what I love as well as love to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment