Monday, December 8, 2014

The Big Move

This is something that I've been wanting to happen for 3+ years but every time I thought it might happen, it's like the universe was shouting at me "NOT NOW!" I've never had enough money saved or too much debt or strings attached to someone or something that made it hard for me to go. But it's finally time. All signs are pointing to yes. I really thought this whole time I would end up in California but that has always given me huge anxiety.

The day after thanksgiving I casually mentioned to my friend Shane, "Maybe I should move to Chicago and live with you." His immediate answer was "YES!" Then I immediately thought, "Oh shit, this could really happen." After several texts back and forth, it just felt right. I emailed Pureology and they were on board too. It's like all the stars aligned and said "Heather. This is your time. GO!!!!" I also knew it was time because my lease is up December 31st and I really wasn't even looking for a place to live in Lawrence. There have also been a few things that have happened with people I would have considered friends that I felt like a sign to close the door on those relationships. Also, a few of my favorite clients that have moved away recently and a few more to come. It's definitely been hard living in a college town watching people come and go forcing you to constantly rebuild your business. Combined that with a few articles I have come across about living your life and BAM! I'm moving.

Of course it is incredibly hard to leave friends and clients I have known for 8+ years but I want to rewrite my life and start new. I have no idea what the future holds for me and my career but I know it's only going up. It's time to let go of things and thoughts that have been holding me back and go out and create the life I have been wanting. I know I will be SUCESSFUL because I'm not going to accept anything less. I hope I can inspire others to live their dreams because of my courage to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment