That is a saying we have as hairstylists. "Always keep the end result in mind." What does that mean? When I am cutting, coloring or styling hair, it means that every movement of my shears, razor or texture shears, placement of every foil, formula for every color, use of products and hot tools determines what look you will have when you leave my chair. I am literally thinking about the end result the entire time I am doing your hair to make sure I achieve the look you want. In case any of you weren't aware, that is a lot of pressure. Our hair is directly proportionate to how we feel about ourselves. I help you decide how you feel about yourself. Whoa...
What else that is fascinating to me is what I can learn by applying that to my life away from work. "Always keep the end result in mind." If I am able to do that in my personal life, that would make life so much easier. Basically, whatever I am doing at the current moment, will that help me with my end result? Whether it is something I am eating, whoever I am dating, people I choose as friends, or how I deal with my family. This is all a part of my end result. In the end, I want to be healthy, successful, surrounded by friends and loved one and most of all happy. From this point on, I'm going to try my hardest to only keep people and things in my life that help with my end result.
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment